PRE-MSA TRIAGE SERVICE
The Pre-MSA Triage is a unique tool for payers to stage claims for optimal outcomes by assessing Medicare Set Aside (MSA) exposure before the MSA is initiated. Projected life-time medical and pharmaceutical treatment costs on workers’ compensation claims are often unnecessarily high, and therapy frequently falls outside evidence-based medical guidelines. We provide a concise executive summary that includes the following:
- Projected MSA cost based on current medical and pharmacy treatment regimen
- Snapshot view of MSA exposure in a non-discoverable (not an MSA) format
- Overview of inappropriate, unnecessary treatment and cost drivers that may impact MSA and settlement
- Case-specific recommendations based on jurisdictional issues and opportunities
- Action plan and next steps to optimize settlement outcomes before the MSA is prepared
The Pre-MSA Triage describes the care and cost issues and recommends interventions, such as Physician Peer Review, Clinical Oversight and Conditional Payment Searches and or Negotiations to improve the quality of care and reduce overall claims costs. Clients frequently receive 30 to 50% savings from these interventions.
Our trigger-driven Triage review investigates:
- Denied injuries and/or body parts
- Surgical procedures that are recommended, but not pursued
- Spinal cord stimulator recommended, never evaluated
- Gaps in treatment dates
- Prescriptions that are written, but not filled
- Unrelated/inappropriate medications
- Off-label drug usage
Call 888.331.4941, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or refer a file to us now to experience this savings.
Read about our Pre-Triage Case Study: $774,583 Total Savings from Pre-MSA Triage and our client testimonials about what it’s like to work with Tower MSA Partners.